I suppose one of the common problems for leisure bloggers like myself, is coming up with things to write about. Sure there are the standard posts about your day or week, and the mundane posts about your job, your kids, your political views but I don't care for those posts so I don't propose anyone else would care about them either.
Why do people write Blogs? I suppose it's a narcissistic desire to be popular, I mean lets face it if you have a blog and just updated it chances are you told someone. I know I will tell the Twitterverse that I just updated this. But why? Do I subconsciously want to be validated, do I want to be praised, am I that thirsty for approval that I practically beg people to pay attention to me? I guess I am or am I?
Perhaps, it's just the simple fact that since I took time out of my day to write something, I expect that someone reads it. Now if I was business, a writer, or had knowledge in something that is trending I can see the point of Blogging, but for the average person I don't see the point, unless . . .
Unless it gets you writing, practicing your grammar, gets you excited to be creative, or if it helps you over come some obstacle, makes you feel good about yourself, or passes the time, then I guess Blogging does have a point. I may not have found the direction this Blog will take but I sure as Hell love process of discovery along the way. One day I'll find the theme and get plenty of followers but until then, I will post for my own pleasure and the pleasure of my one follower.
Live long and prosper :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment