Friday, 13 January 2012

Friday the 13th

Contrary to the myth, today was a great day. I passed my final training test and have moved on to on the job training! Today was the first day that I (as well as the other successful members from my training group) actually took live phone calls. Considering the day, it went very well. I did misplace my password so I signed in late but since it is the first day it doesn't count, whew!

I haven't spoken on the phone such long intervals since I was a teen, and man oh man it's hard work! I don't know about you, but when I want to sound happy and cheery I smile, so there I was talking on  the phone in my cubical smiling like a Cheshire cat, my smiling muscles are sore!!! Everyone I spoke with thanked me and was genuinely happy with info I provided them, which is good. I also enjoyed speaking to all the people as well, and let me tell you there were lots of people I spoke to. At one point we had over 300 calls in queue, CRAZY.

I'm glad I have the weekend to recuperate, because that was both nerve wracking and exhilarating all at once, and now I need to gather everything I have so I can tackle a full week of call starting next Monday.

I must say, it's a wonderful feeling not to have to take work home with you, once I leave the office I'm done with work. This is a big bonus one that I haven't had in a long long time.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment