Yup it's that time again, the time where everyone and their mother decides to keep a blog/online journal. I've had one off and on and maintained it quite regularly too (at times). I have one that I've maintained whilst looking for a job, and now I'm going to keep this one more or less Public. Hopefully I can keep it interesting and enlightening for anyone who happens to stumble across it. BTW: If you click on the fish you'll be feeding them :-)
Saturday, 21 January 2012
Is failing really that bad?
Well I have 2 days left of A-bay, or training, then I'm sent out to the wolves. We have been on the phones for 6 days and I still don't think I'm ready to be 100% left alone. I don't ask very many questions, but then again when I have one I am able to get it answered. Now come Wednesday if I have a question, there will not be anyone there to answer it for me. Sure I can ask my neighbor, but since the phones never stop ringing, what are the odds that they will be off the phone when that all pressing question needs immediate answer?
We are coached and graded on every call, every break, every second of our day. I don't get perfect all the time, nor do I fall in top 90's either, which means I am probably not going to be hired on as a full-time employee when my 3 month contract is up. Somehow I don't think that being hired on permanently is as great as they claim. Right now the stress of saying and doing everything perfectly is incredible, I would never put this kind of pressure on any new hires as this makes them focus on one thing and neglect the other and causes them to make mistakes. A little slack would be nice. Now in A-bay we have slack, but once on the phone we are on our own and that is scary as Hell.
Here's what we need to worry about: Length of call, tone of call, information given out needs to be accurate, can not say slag words like 'um' 'yeah' right' 'eh' 'okay', security breaches, transferring to correct departments, locking the computer, personalizing the call, asking if you did well, educating the caller, knowing where to find information on a very poorly indexed manual, codes to enter in one program, knowing when and how to use another program that you rarely use, when to help and listen into a transfer... OMG it goes on and on.
The worst thing is, you just had a bad phone call, you messed up something you think and you would love to take a second and digest what happened but you can't because another call comes in right way. You're lucky if you have a chance to take a small sip of water as your mouth is all dry.
Yes if I don't end up being hired full-time it may be a blessing in disguise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment