Today we had a test. I seriously forgot how taxing just the word TEST can be. It's been about five years since I took a test of any importance, I forgot what kind of anxiety it can trigger. Since it was an 'open book' test I really wasn't worried, that was until my head hit the pillow last night. I had a horrible sleep, waking up every hour and taking a half hour to fall back asleep. Lucky we got to write it first thing, so stressing was over it was time to do. I left the test feeling rather good about it, until the rest of the class started discussing it.I went from, "Yeah I might have gotten 5-6 wrong" to "I think I tanked, I just hope I pass" Turns out I did pass but only by "the skin of my teeth" as they say.
I have many reasons why I did so poorly; the lack of structure in the class, talking out of turn, senior-itis, poor instructors, oh the list goes on and on. However, as good an excuse either one of the above are, the real reason I tanked was because of the sweater I wore.
Don't get me wrong, I love the sweater in fact it is my favourite sweater of all. It's comfy, not too hot, baggy, monotoned so a long necklace looks great with it. But everytime I wear it something goes wrong, and not just wrong but catastrophically wrong. Because I love it, I keep giving it another chance; today in fact, I had a nice toasty cashmere sweater on but decided I was too hot so I took it off. With my favourite sweater in my hand I thought "Don't put it on it's bad luck, and today you need all the good luck you can get."only to defend it by thinking, "Don't be silly, you know your stuff, wear it and be comfortable - comfort is very important when writing a test." So I put it on and felt great, tired, but great.
Well the rest is history, so as soon as I got in the door, not only did I take my jacket off but also the sweater and handed it to Jocelyn and told her to get rid of it, she looked at me like I was from the Delta Quadrant. I tired to explain to her that it was bad luck but she still just looked at me oddly.
Anyway, let's hope she does dispose of it, and doesn't sneak it back in my closet like everyone did with the cursed idol Skipper found on that one episode of Gilligan's Island.
No comments:
Post a Comment