Sunday, 15 April 2012

Pottermore review

My run in with Pottermore was mixed. I enjoyed the shopping in Diagon Alley, and the wand selectin, I even enjoyed the sorting eventhough I was placed into Ravenclaw...odd seeing I have a very "Slytherin" way about me. Yes I had fun with those tasks, but the making of a potion, and casting spells was near to impossible as you do not get enough instructions on how to do things, or the lag time is too long and time runs out. I figure the site is busy as it is now open to everyone.

I get tired of games if I don't get it right after the Fifth try, so after the tenth try on potion making and the fifth try on Flipendo, I highly doubt I will be back to try again. It took me over an hour to get halfway through the first book, there are things to collect and find, never mind all the tidbits you need to read. (Thankfully I know all the backstorys courtesy of Twitter and Wiki, that I do not need to read them...although the Dursely backstory was a bit more detailed then the sources mentioned above -and it was written in JKR's own hand) I do not think that I can spare the time that the site demands in order to get all the items and earn house points etc.

This site is set up for fans, younger generations, although, most of the die hards are now older and are in University or have jobs, and those younger (Harry's age) will find the site boring after the Sorting Ceremony, because like me they have found the information online shortly after the site opened to those 1 million Beta testers, so the infomation is nothing new.

Saddly I think once everyone who hasn't been sorted  gets sorted, this site will be forgotten, and only used for those who decide they want to get the books for their e-Reader.  It might be different for those Beta testers as they got to sign up when the hype was fresh and hot, perhaps they are still all excited about it, perhaps they have lots of friends on the site. But for me and others like me who practically forgot about the site as we were waiting so long, its too little too late, what fun is it to start with 0 points when others have thousands and house points are already in the millions?

www.pottermore.com

composed on my Acer Iconia A500 Tablet

No comments:

Post a Comment